Answer one or more of the following questions to describe your experience with literature circles this year:
1. Using a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, how would you rate your preparation for the meetings? Justify your rating.
3. Was literature circles an effective way for you to learn about bias, point of view, and making connections? Justify your answer.
1)I would rate it 5 because most of us did our reading we were focus but the rest were no focus and did do any of the reading. Also they didn't even participate.
ReplyDeletei would rate it 10 cause i did alll my readings and i was focus the whole time. Also i leaded most of the meetings.
ReplyDeleteYou did good at leading the meetings but I also lead most of them too
Deletethnxs Jada
Delete1.I would rate myself 10/10 because I was always prepared for each of the 4 meetings. I was done a question and read the whole section for each meeting.
ReplyDelete1) on a scale to 1 to ten i will rate me a 1 because i was not prepard at all i lost my book and alos did not ansewr all the Q and did not finish the readings so i will try to be prepard for next time.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should answer the questions ahead of time and take some time out of your day to read your book
DeleteI agree with you Arianna and Jada because Arianna you weren't prepared at all so you barely participated in the discussion and you also went off topic
Deleteok i will try that next time thank you jada :D
DeleteYea you didnt even try to read the book and answer the questions. Next time you should at least answer 2-3 question if not 4. And also try to focus when we are discussing so even if you didnt read and answer the questions you would understand something.
Delete2. I would rate my participation 9 out of 10 because I shared all my opinions and answered almost all my questions.
ReplyDelete3.Literature circle was an effective way to learn about bias, connection and point of view because now my connections that I make are much stronger then the ones I used to make.I also understood that bias is when the author writes something that is not fair.
i agree that lit. circles was effective but the bias part was confusing to most of the group
DeleteI agree with you, you tried to answer the questions and you paid attention to the discussion.
DeleteI would give our group a 6 for preperations because there would be times when we would be prepeared and our meetings would go great and there would be times where no one had anything written down and we would have nothhing to talk about!
ReplyDeleteYes litrature cirlcles did help me learn about bias and making connetion because one of the questions said what did these pages remind me you of and i think i had a good connection and the last question was in these pages is the author being bias and it helped me understad what bias meant.
i think that is a really good piont.and i think that my 3 answer would be the same becuase it did mak me have connections too!!! ;)
Delete1. A 7 or 8 because I answered the questions on time but as I got more into the book it could have dropped down to a 5 because I would still answer the questions on time but I wouldn't read all of the book because it was so boring.
ReplyDelete3. Sorta because every book has bias, a point of view, and some way you can make a connection. Like Charley's point of view, it was bias that Benny got bullied and the Amanda Todd connection.
ya your right Jada.
Deletenice answer for #3 becuase u can understand ur piont of view and its true that every/most books have a bias pion and all! :)
Delete1. On a scale of 1 to 10 on preparation, I give myself of one because I didn't do anything.
ReplyDelete2. On a scale of 1 to 10 on participation, I give myself a 3 because sometimes I did actually talk to my group and like, argued about the book.
3. To be honest, I think it wasn't. Literature circles for me was just going in a group, and talking about the book but like, we didn't even listen and stuff. I think its our fault, for not thinking literature circles is effective, because we didn't even like, use literature circles as something. I don't know about my group, but that's what I think.
I would agree with you on the first 2 but maybe you should read the book next time and answer the questions
DeleteWouldn't it be more effective if you... I dont know... listened?
DeleteK then lol i agree wiht your answers
Delete1).out of 10 i would say 9.5 cuz we did really good and we new what to say and everyone read there book.
ReplyDelete2). out of 10 i would put 8 becuase, even if i didnt do it once like read the book, i would still participate and ask some questions i wouldnt just stay quiet.
3).i think it did teach us about bias and piont of view becuase, it was talking about connections and things like the questions!
I agree with you Maryam. Good Job! :')
DeleteI agree with you too maryam it did teach us about bias and the point of view and what connections are you talkng about
DeleteI would say 8 or 9 because I always read what I supposed to but I forgot to answer the questions sometimes.
ReplyDelete3. Yes it was because we learned about how there is bias in books, making really good connections, and learning about peoples point of view,
1.) I honestly say 5 awesome pies out of 10. Just because I read all of the pages but I didn't answer any of the questions, because I didn't feel like I needed to, I could answer the questions no problem off the top of my head.
ReplyDelete2.) An 8. I say this because I think I talked a lot in my group. The only person who talked more than me was probably Maryam, because that girl loves to hear her self talk. ;)
3.)I'm not trying to be all cocky or anything, but I don't think it was all that effective. Just because I already knew how to do all that stuff.
Alright peace :*
I kind of agree with you but, it did help most people with making connections about bias and about the point of view
Delete1) I would say 7 for me because I'm always ready but once I read 2 readings because I didn't read it on time.
ReplyDelete2) I would say 10 because I'm always giving my answers and discussing what I thought about the book.
3) Kind of, but not really because our book was so interesting like what is happening to the main character, you don't really think it's bias. Making connections were easy because some of the things happening were real like the 911.
Well since your the only guy in my group so far and there's only 2 people I agree with you exactly. that's what I would have said.
Delete#3 i think that the l.c circles where pretty good because it helped me improve on my reading and helped me have a better bond with my group members also i think that it is a good way to learn about bias.
ReplyDeleteI agree because i wasn't also familiar with bias but when I bonded with my group i strongly understand bias and i can identify it.
Delete3. It was actually a good way to learn this in a different and individual way, so we can hacve an idea about identifying point of view, bias, and making connections.
ReplyDelete3)i think it was helpful because we got more practice and i learned that there can be different types of bias like taking one side not another...etc
ReplyDelete1. 6, because I was prepared and I read the book sometimes but then I lost my book and I couldn't read any more and I wasn't prepared for the other time.
ReplyDelete2. 9, because I was involved in the discussions and we all took turns explaining all the details about the book and what happend in the story. We also made connections and talked about them.
good job on your reasons but wheres question 3?
DeleteThat is true you did lose your book EPIC FAIL!!! but when work had to be done you did it.
Delete1.) i would rate my preparation 9 because i was ready for all the meetings except for this one but i still improvised.
ReplyDelete2.) i would rate my participation 8 because i did share my answers and questions but some of my answers were simple.
3.) it was kinda effective because we did make some really good connections and also learned more about point of view. we had a little trouble with bias though.
I had problem with bias and you explained it so after that I was okay.
DeleteI agree with you, I also had to improvise in this one, but you still answered the questions. I disagree with the effective part because I felt I already knew how to do these things, maybe if there were new things.
Delete1.I think that i would use the rating of 7 for the preparation for the meetings because most of the time i came by prepared but when i really didn't had time read my book and i failed.
ReplyDelete3.I think literature circles was an effective way because its a really good way discussing in groups and learning many things about different people thoughts about making connections,bias and many more..
1)I would give my preperation for meetings a 6 out of 10 since I would always rush it since I would do at night but I would always have it at school.
ReplyDelete3)Yes because I used to not be able to make good connections but with Mrs William-yu help I was able to applied it and know my connections are actually pretty good
1) I would rate my preparation 8/10 because I answered all but 1 question because I didnt understand it.
ReplyDelete3)I dont think it was effective for me because I already understood the things and I dont like reading books in parts I tend to forget things.
1. 7/10 because we didn't get a lot of work done.... not everyone did their work when they were supposed to. We didn't have anything to talk about.
ReplyDelete3. Yes it was a good and effective way to learn, because we got to listen to other peoples point of view of understanding a book. Although many people didn't do the work they were supposed to.
i agree! its hard to remember what happened in the book!
ReplyDeleteQuestion:1- Well, I would rate all of our discussions 6 out of 10 because most of the time people were writing their responses one the day of the meeting and some even didn't read all the selected pages.
ReplyDeleteQuestion:2- I would rate myself 7 out of 10 for discussions because sometimes I didn't get my responses done on time , but our group had great discussions in the meetings.
1. I rate myself 7 0ut of 10 because I read only a little bit of my book so I did not answers so much questions but my group did really good at doing literauce circle and doing the work and I did some and I think i did pretty good trying to make an connection to the book.
ReplyDelete3. I think the literauce circle meeting was good because it makes you read and to do questions and it really helped you. but the bad part about it is that we know how to do these questions I think you should make it harder.