Friday, May 10, 2013

Student work from Number Sense Quiz (Ratios and Percents)

Here are some examples of student work who achieved a Level 4 or higher:

This student demonstrated her understanding of percent accurately in all the questions.  She showed all her work, including the equation in the third question.
This student used an efficient strategy (equivalent ratios) to solve the problem.  He showed all his work and provided a detailed explanation of what he did and why he did it.
This student used an efficient strategy (fraction) to solve the problem.  She accurately applied what she knew about percent to solve this problem (i.e., 75% is the same as 75/100).
Self- Reflection:
1. Compare your responses to the work above.  How are they the same? Different?
2. What are some of your goals to get ready for the unit test and chapter task?

22 comments:

  1. I was so close to reach that level 3 or 4 but i was just missing alittle bit of detail. For the test and chapter task i need to study ratios and percent more to get the question

    ReplyDelete
  2. for question 3 i did the same think as the examples. For question 2 next time i will try doing it in a faster way. Last for question 1 i will try to put the question and solve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are oviously better than i have aver gotton because i diddnt do anything but also at least try to do the faster and easyerway instead the slow and hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job people!!! who got the level 4's i did really good too ;) i could have just explained why and what i did like how you guys did! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.In question 2 i kinda struggled but and i had trouble on question 1 but in question 3 i had the same strategie as the examplar.

    2.practicing questions like 1 and 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandon took the cookie from the cookie jar! Who me? Yes you! Couldn't be! Then who? My Mom took the cookie from the cookie jar!May 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM

    So, for most of the questions I got the same answer but because I didn't explain my answer I didn't get a 4+ . The next time I do this I will be waaaaaaaay more confident in myself, and study more. Oh and instead of writing a lame letter on the last question, actually take more time to answer the question with more thouught.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think i can improve on showing my work better and on question i mixed up percentages . my goal for next time is not to make little mistakes that separate me from better marks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that I should explain why I did some procedures. I will try to use better communication. For the test and the chapter task I need to read the question more thoroughly and try to use the words like fractions, ratios, ect...

    ReplyDelete
  9. all the questions were the same answers as mine but i kinda explained a little more. For question 1c i got it wrong because I didn't read the question and understand it properly. For next time improvement ESPECIALLY in those kind of sentences in math, I should really read it properly and understand it

    ReplyDelete
  10. -I used different strategy in the second one. I got the same answers and for the first and second one, I used the same strategy.
    - My goal for unit test and chapter task would be to make my explanation more specific by explaining why I did what I did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. In the 1st and 2nd question we both got the same answer but they explained it more than me. for the third question we both did the same thing.
    2. My goals are to study hard and focus more in class

    ReplyDelete
  12. My work is the same for the first two questions but for the first question I need to explain how I got the answer even though it was correct. My goals are to practice more questions like the last one to get ready for the test and chapter task and to explain how I got my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i used the same strategy for the second.. i multiplied 525 by 15 and got 35 then multiplied 35 by 10 and got the same answer.i also did the same for the third question. i multiplied 0.75 by 440 and got the same answer. for the first one my strategies were a little different.

    i think i should remeber to use fractions and ratios too....... not only percent. i also want to make sure i use the most efficient way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My strategies were similar to the work above. The difference was that I didn't try to make it easier to understand, also for the last question I didn't explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i should of read the questions better and carefully study a little bit more i should of made it more clearer for people to understand but i did pretty good but next time i will try to get mines to be an exzample or 4+

    ReplyDelete
  16. My work is similar to the work shown above. The only difference is that they used equations and expressions to solve the problem. For the chapter task and test, I will try and make my communications clear to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. On the first question I wrote all the equations correctly but I did the calculations wrong. On the second question I got the same answer as the level 4s but I didn't explain how I got the numbers and how I got the answer. On the third one I got the same answer as the level 4s but I didn't write the equation accurately.

    2. My goals to get ready for the unit test and chapter task are to study on calculating numbers, decimals and fractions. I also need to work on explaining how I got the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything they did, was different from what I did. Nothing is the same. My goals is to study more and think more..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have got some of the same answers and also i have used different strategies comparing these.My next goal would be try to learn more strategies and practice more as i can...

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the questions answered with great marks have a lot more explanations and I think I did the right thing to solve the problems but I should have answered with more explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The second one is exactly like mine it's the best.... it's mine :)
    The third one I should have wrote 75 over 100x440=330 before I wrote the equivilant.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what I did similar?
    I used similar strategies for knowledge and understanding by using equations the right way, Thinking by using strategies to solve the problem,and application by applying knowledge of percent accurately compared to the level 4s.

    What I would like to improve on?
    I would like to improve on communication to provide clear and appropriate terminology because I got a level 3. Next time I would focus more on communication to get at least a level 4.

    ReplyDelete