Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Literature Circles Reflections

After each meeting, reflect on your discussion and participation.  Post a comment to one or more of these questions:

1. What was the most important thing your group discussed today?

2. What important contribution did you make to your group’s discussion?

3. What does your group need to improve in during your next literature circle meeting?

4. What will you do to improve your next literature circle meeting?

51 comments:

  1. 3. We need to improve on making sure certain people are caught up in what we're doing and is reading the book and answering the questions before the next meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is great i need to work on that because i was not caught up or did the Questuiions

      Delete
  2. 1.The most important thing that I think we discussed was that we shred what part we liked the best and what part we found interesting. I could tell that my literature group really likes the book because of the way we discussed.

    2.Next time I don't want any spoiling *cough*Jenisha*cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL SHREE DID TOO!!! and lol sorry i won't give any more spoilers.

      Delete
    2. We did a REALLY good job making connections. We all agreed that Brandon in the book is just like Brandon in our class. We can easily imagine Brandon in our class doing stuff that Brandon does in the book.I was happy there were no spoilers!GOOD JOB JENISHA!I would really appreciate if everyone finishes their question on time so that it's easier to share our answers

      Delete
  3. To improve for our next literature circle meeting, I and my group will try really hard to finish reading the selected pages and as well as finishing up the questions for the discussion. We will also try to stay on task in the discussions listening to each other's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Preet. I don't disagree with you. (Y)

      Delete
  4. 1.we talked about whos point if view was shown. we all agreed that the main character: Brandon's point of view was shown the most. we also realized that he was like the Brandon in our class. The Brandon in the book is really tall and gets angry easily (no offence Brandon from our class)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you wear socks?Do you like ducks?

      Delete
    2. *Insertclevernamehere* (Brandon)May 16, 2013 at 6:45 AM

      Wow. I see how it is. Good connection but still... tsk tsk tsk

      Delete
    3. I totally agree with you. I cant believe how alike they are. What a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    4. today we did an AWESOME job in our meeting! we all read the pages and most of us answered the questions..
      next time it would be better if we stayed on topic and EVERYONE answers a question.

      Delete
  5. The most important thing that our group discussed was what our opinions about the book is and what we liked about the book and what we didn't like about the pages we read so far.

    Our group needs to take turns like one person would say something and not let anyone talk and then we would move on to the next subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that since our last meeting our group imporved we take turns now and in this meeting I talked more then the other meeting.

      Delete
  6. 1) I think the most important thing our group discussed is what we thought about the book. I think this because we get to know what people like and dislike, so that we can connect and learn about what kind of things the people in our group do like. We get to know each other more in these discussions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all true I so agree with you. By the way nice name

      Delete
    2. Tyler Bhagavan Is scared of Kanchana!May 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM

      Some of our group memebers need to read the pages and do the questions on time. I'm not saying names, but it's not me that's for sure. So yeah improve on doing the work you have to do for the discussions. <(o_o)> <(o_o<) <(o_o)> (>o_o)> <(o_o)> KIRBY DANCE!

      Delete
    3. Tyler Bhagavan A.K.A Batman shhhhh don't tellMay 22, 2013 at 6:37 AM

      But when we do complete our work we have good discussions about the book.

      Delete
  7. 1. The most important thing my group discussed today was our predictions and answers.

    3. My group needs to improve on giving details to support our answers and predictions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My group improved on giving details to support their answers. My group needs to be a bit responsible.

      Delete
  8. 3. We need to improve by actually reading our books and actually writing down the main things about the questions we need to answer and we need to listen and not talk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My group is good, but we still need to listen more and read the book. And we can't spoil the book.

      Delete
  9. In next literature circle we will listen to each other. We will answer the question we choose to do and we will cooperate to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Mahima, we all need to listen to eachother, wait your turn to talk and cooperate better.

      Delete
    2. I think we still need to do our reading but we did listen to each other. so it was better than last time but we still need to do our reading.

      Delete
  10. (Brandon) The Than Man isn't here today so that means no clever name :(May 16, 2013 at 6:42 AM

    We can make sure all of us actually read the book and do all of the questions. We failed this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess whos back, back again, Brandons back, tell a friend.May 22, 2013 at 6:30 AM

      It went exactly how it did last time, we really need to do our reading and our questions, but the Than Man was here so it isnt all bad.

      Delete
  11. i think the most inportant thing we talked about is the main point of veiw and the prodiction
    i think my group need to work on speaking louder because i cant hear them
    next time i need to inprove to bring my book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the most inport thing me and my group talk about today was the prediction and our connection also jenisha made a connection how the guy named brandon in the book is like the brandon in the book and now she understand the book

      Delete
  12. Our answer to the questions were the most important, it helped us understand the book better.

    We need to explain our answer a lot more, so wee can have a real discussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a better discussion because we were focused on the questions and we had more to talk about the book.

      We explained our answers more, for example: why we liked a certain part of the book, our predictions,and much more.

      This discussion was certainly better than the last one.

      Delete
  13. 1.The most important thing we discussed today was what is gonna happen in the coming page?we did it very well and good.
    4.Next time,to improve our literature circle meeting i think we will have to make more ideas about the book to answer the questions according the sheet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did pretty good this time.But some of us didn't complete our pages but anyway it was nice discussion.

      Delete
  14. Jerome Is Scared Of KanchanaMay 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM

    1. we mostly talk about all the pages that we read 9 to 51 about the pages that we read.

    3. i think we should talk more and more work but overall we did pretty good so i give my group a pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerome Is Scared Of KanchanaMay 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM

      some of us read and some didn't we didn't really have a good conversation about the book because some of us did not read so we did not no what was happening in the other parts of the story but I think we could of done alot better

      Delete
    2. Neelan Is Scared Of KanchanaMay 22, 2013 at 6:37 AM

      I agree we should talk a lot more about the stuff going on in the book.

      Delete
  15. Neelan Is Scared Of KanchanaMay 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM

    1. The most important thing my group discussed today was when we were talking about who could of attacked the twin towers and bombed it, I thought that it was Osama Bin Laden. We were also talking why would of he attacked the twin towers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mohamed is scared of kanchana tooMay 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM

      good job and im scared of kanchana too

      Delete
  16. The most important thing we discussed is what exactly happened in the story because there was a lot of details in the first part of the book. Our group needs to improve on reading the complete section and answer any question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My group must co operate and participate rather than one person doing all the work. We did not accomplish our goal and it was for everyone to read and answer question.

      Delete
  17. 3). my group needs to understand the senteces from the book more becuase we didnt really talk much and u cant really blame me cuz i didnt come for a few days. 4).i will read my book part and tell my group to pay more attention becuase i always pay attention ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for this meating it was kind of better,well we asked each other quesions and all but still. we were haviing trouble but it will get better! ^.^

      Delete
  18. 1. We discussed who's point of view was present and who's point of view is missing. We also discussed the prediction.
    2. I was the discussion leader so I tried to keep everyone on track and I got everyone to say something and participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3) I think my group needs to understand not only the main character but the other characters.
      2) The most important thing we discussed were connections and what the author is trying to make us think of the main character.

      Delete
  19. MoHaMeD KIRBY DANCE <(- -)< <(- -)> >(- -)> YAYMay 16, 2013 at 6:46 AM

    4.I need to improve on is prediction since i didn't read all the pages in my book (because i wasn't here on tuesday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOHAMED mohamed MOHAMED mohamed MOHAMEDMay 22, 2013 at 6:31 AM

      4.I still need to improve on predictions and this time i don't have an excuse

      Delete
  20. this awnser is for question #3 i think that our group (EGGHEAD)would need to improve on communicateing better

    ReplyDelete
  21. AJANTHAN :) A.K.A THE THAN MANMay 22, 2013 at 6:32 AM

    3. for the next literature circle meeting our group can improve by actually doing their work and paying attention

    ReplyDelete
  22. We need to improve on answering the questions before the meeting

    ReplyDelete
  23. our group just had our second meeting but it was more worse than our first one. it was only bad because we barley talked and we Jerome and I didn't read the book or do the questions because of track and field

    ReplyDelete
  24. We had a better group discussion today because we were on task, but what I would suggest is that we should read all the selected pages. So the next time we have the meeting, we will all know about the book and have a great discussion.

    ReplyDelete