Here's a media text that uses a specific persuasive device to convince people to stop smoking:
Question: Do you think this is an effective strategy? Will this ad convince people to admit they have a problem (smoking) and stop? Justify your answer.
I honestly think this is not an effective strategy for a such a serious topic such as smoking. I am pretty sure this ad will not convince people to admit they have a smoking problem, because I think this may make people think that it's just a joke (smoking) and continue doing it. Oh and btw Ms.William-Yu I tried going on the padlet.com websites today but it said I needed a password to go in. I didn't know what to do. Sorry, trust me I tried D':
ReplyDeleteI really don;t think that this a effective strategy because its kind of ridiculous. People that smoke will just think its funny and not really consider it. People wont admit to smoking because they will just look at it and think about why they should listen to an ad that's weird. And btw Brandon, Ms.William-Yu told us the password.
ReplyDeletei think this isn't an effective strategy because they didn't take it seriously for a topic like smoking. no they will not because some people may just laugh about it and continue smoking. Mrs. William-yu I tried doing the padlet.com thing and it asked for a password so i couldn't do it.
ReplyDeleteI truly think that this ad not an effective strategy to persuade people not to smoke. When people see this ad, they might think that this is totally crazy and ridiculous and so, they will continue what they
ReplyDeleteare doing(smoking). I think this ad is not effective is probably because haven't used any persuasive
devices other than repetition which is not that helpful.